Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning

Hi, we have decided to do an overall topic on holidays for the summer term. Does anyone have any examples of planning, or ideas on how I can split this up into different smaller sections please? xxx Thanks

We took our bears on holiday. Firstly we made a travel agency with lots of brochures and children cut out pictures of where they wanted to go and bought tickets. We made passports for the bears, children took their own photo of their bear. Then we talked about different clothes (visit to charity shop for lots of different small clothes) and packed suitcases. We role played going on an aeroplane and a train and posted them in our letterbox. We had a postie to collect them and deliver them to the children. Then we bought souvenirs (which were cheap things bought at the pound shop) re-packed our suitcases and flew back home.

We thought afterwards that we could have done something with currency, for the more numerate children and introduced some adding and subtraction etc.

We made card suitcases and packed them with things from those free brochures you get at superdrug, boots etc.. all the suncream pics etc are perfect for cutting out. Passports etc. Our local travel agent brought loads of stuff from them changing their displays, catalogues etc - amazing what people come up with if you just ask!

• 3 months later...
Guest LOSINGTHEWILLTOLIVE

Hi there

I have found this planning from our last week of school that you might like to see. We wanted to cover water safety and slip,slap, slop as well as some fun activities for the children to do. I am not sure how current the format of the weekly plan is and I would welcome any feedback on the style, content and layout of these plans.

Underwater_Beach_example.doc

Edited by LOSINGTHEWILLTOLIVE

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)