Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Construction

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any large construction toys that you use in your outdoor area. My headteacher has kindly given me some money to spend on outdoor equipment and construction is an area we need to develop. I dont really know where to start looking.

Thank you in advance

milk crates, bread crates, pieces of plank (decking), tyres, drain pipes, pallets (sanded down)- these are the best things for construction in our setting and what's more you can either be given them or cost very little:-)

I would agree the CP blocks are great although expensive- need to be put away each night unlike the crates etc

Absolutely - community playthings hollow blocks.

Also lots of reclaimed materials - cheap but time consuming to obtain - crates, guttering etc etc.

How much money? Have you seen the snug play website?

Natural resources too like a collection of great stones, tree stumps, logs, rope...

Also look at the Mindstretchers website

(sorry, I can't do links, but you should be able to find them through google.

Thank you everyone - i have had a look at community playthings and their equipment does look fantastic. i am going to investigate further. Will let you know how i get on

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)