Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Honeymooning?

Hi! Odd question maybe - does anyone know if it is possible for a teacher to hae a honeymoon in term time? Am planning to get married on December the 2nd 2006 and didn't really want to honeymoon over Christmas? Has anyone ever experienced this? Thanks! Sara

hi sara

not good news Im afraid but you arent entitled to time off during term time. You can request leave of absence which would be unpaid but the Head isnt obliged to give it to you.

sorry. unless of course anyone knows different?

Hi Sara,

That is a v.interesting question - it's funny with teaching as although we do get 13 weeks (which is often the envy of family and friends) you can't actually choose them! xD Plus no perks of low season deals or hotel pools without loads of dive bombing! :o

I expect it very much depends on your 'leave of absence' policy, plus you head and governers.

Congratulations from me too xD

As I understand it you have to get special permission from the Governors. As Mundoa already said, it isn't guaranteed and you won't get paid!! :o

Well done Hali!

Was this in addition to your annual leave? What a lucky girl - I'm sure we wouldn't get paid, especially since you'd need to pay for staff to cover.

You're obviously indispensable!

Maz