Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bears Topic

Does anyone have any exciting ideas for this topic?

We are already focusing on Goldilocks and the 3 Bears

We're going on a bear hunt

Planning and having a teddy bears' picnic

Finding a teddy and making posters, writing letters etc to find its owner

Thank you in advance :oxD:(

Ours are planning the same! We're planning a holiday for bears, which involves photographing the bears and making passports, packing a suitcase and then sending him on his 'jollies' to the children's houses for a couple of days, where he writes in his journal and takes photographs of his adventures.

If you do a forum search you'll find a great video of children enjoying their 'Bear hunt' over several days - takes you slightly 'sideways' I know, but it was such fun when we did it too!

I saw a great photo on here when I was planning a bears topic. It showed a fab 'Bear Hunt' small world with chunks of turf for the long grass!

How about putting lots of teddies in your book corner with a basket of bear stories.

If you're doing a picnic you could read 'This is the Bear and the Picnic Lunch'. All that series of books went down really well with my F1 children. They loved the naughty dog!

Can't think right now what else I planned right now!

I found a fab new book yesterday by Michael Rosen 'The Bear in the Cave' - sort of a continuation of bear hunt, will be using it net week. My class and I have spent the last 3 weeks on bear hunts of various descriptions. One of the best parts was receiving a letter from a local resident saying they thought they'd seen a bear in the local area! We made posters and then went on our own hunt - found my TA dressed as a bear in our wildlife area. Children loved it! Also have retold the story, acted out, with small world people in tuff spots with mud etc, made up our own hunts abolut different animals. Hope you have as much fun as we did!

We also love the Michael Rosen book. Our children also love The bear under the stairs by Helen Cooper - encourages writing letters. Another book with a bear at the end of the story is Little Mouse Twitchy Whiskers by Margaret Mayo. The bear arrives and squashes the other animal's box flat - a lovely repetitive story that the children can join in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)