Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Leader Job Interview

Morning

just wanted some advice about an interview I have on Friday for a coordinator position at a primary school with F1 and F2. Its very similar to the school I am currently coordinator in, catchment has higher levels of deprivation and even less willingness from parents in terms of involvement in their child's education.

Am starting to get nervous so just wondered if anyone had any advice about things I cou;d read before I go or any ideas for questions I may be asked. I have afew ideas but my usual questionning of my abilities has kicked in and I'm feeling very unsure!

Thanks all

Sorry cant offer any advice but just wanted to wish you luck for the interview.

I am sure that if you are already doing the co-ordinating role in your current school many of their questions will instantly remind you of the things that you already do and so you will be able to speak with confidence and from a position of experience.

Let us know how it goes

Nicky Sussex :o

Helen - Thanks for that website link. I hadn't seen it before and there are some excellent examples of good practice on there. Lots to think about!

Nicky - You're right about the speaking from experience. It always takes someone else to make you realise what should be plainly obvious!!

Thank you both for the good luck wishes!

Thanks for asking!

I got the job!! :o

I didn't hear until just past 5pm so spent the afternoon practising my best 'I'm not upset' voice in my head!

Haven't told my current school yet. They would have all gone home as it was the last day of term. Will save that phone call to my head for the first day back. Or should I phone her at home?? Not sure on that one. Any thoughts??

Congratulations Laila - how exciting for you!

I don't work in school so I can't really comment about whether you should ring the head at home? Will she be able to set the wheels in motion to recruit for your replacment during the holiday period? If so then it might be worth telling her before the beginning of term. How much notice do you need to give?

I'll bet you can't wait to get stuck in though!

Maz

Hi,

Congratulations from me too.

I am not sure whether i would ring the head, did she ask you to let her know before you had the interview? If she did it would be good to ring her but I still think I would leave it until Tuesday or Wednesday next week before making contact. If not then make sure you see her the first day back and before you tell any other staff.

Well done again and look forward to hearing more about it all in September.

Nicky Sussex

Well done Laila, I presume you are starting in September?

With regard to ringing your head, unless your head specifically asked you to, then I wouldn't, you can hand in your resignation after Easter, if you are leaving at the end of term you have until May half term to resign. Besides I think its always helpful to wait for the job offer in writing.

Thanks everyone. I'm really excited about the new job.

I haven't had the offer in writing yet, so I think you're right that I should wait for that to arrive first. When I told my head about the interview and that it was on the last day of term I said that I would let her know as soon as I was told but when the conversation ended (it was over the phone as I'm off work sick at the moment) she said to speak to her after the holiday.

I have plenty of time to hand my notice in and as it happens my current school are advertising for a new deputy head and the advert said that the role could involve leading the foundation stage and that was before I even mentioned that I had an interview for the new job! So my current school may not need to advertise to replace me as they could do it with the new deputy head.

I think I will leave it till after the hols and just ring on the first day back.