Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child's Voice

Hi

I'm just looking for literature to back up listening to the child's voice, i have EYFS, ECM ..... can anyone think of anything else...... sorry i have spent all weekend doing this research and my my mind is now starting to give up on me..............

Also looking for a quote about constructive criticism and how sometimes we find it hard to do this.............

Any help much appreciated....... be glad when this is finished!!!!!!!!! roll on the summer!!!!!! NO ASSIGNMENTS!!!!!!

Thanks

Have you looked at other curricula like Reggio Emilia where children lead the learning?

Convention on the rights of the child - children have a right to participate in decisions about them - I don't have a reference but I'm sure it's in there somewhere. It's also in the SEN code of practice if that helps.

Guest lucyevans

Clark and Moss - The Mosaic Approach?

and Dahlberg,Moss & Pence 'Beyond Quality in Early Childhood Education & Care' (some of the book is on Googlebooks)

Try putting 'teacher give constructive criticism' in to Googlebooks - that may come up with something.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?um=1&q...ctive+criticism

Hope that helps,

Lucy

Hi

I'm just looking for literature to back up listening to the child's voice, i have EYFS, ECM ..... can anyone think of anything else...... sorry i have spent all weekend doing this research and my my mind is now starting to give up on me..............

Also looking for a quote about constructive criticism and how sometimes we find it hard to do this.............

Any help much appreciated....... be glad when this is finished!!!!!!!!! roll on the summer!!!!!! NO ASSIGNMENTS!!!!!!

Thanks

Hi,

There is a useful chapter or two in Pugh and Duffy's 'Comtemporary issues in the Early years'.

One is on listening to children nd giving them their voice and the other is on the UNCRC - the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the child.

Hope this helps!

Ruth :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)