Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qualification Procedure

Hi

Can i just ask do you have anything in place for when an employee does an NVQ saying that they need to still be employed with you for a certain amount of time afterwards? we keep sending staff on courses and then they leave..... just wondered what others do?

Hi

Can i just ask do you have anything in place for when an employee does an NVQ saying that they need to still be employed with you for a certain amount of time afterwards? we keep sending staff on courses and then they leave..... just wondered what others do?

I know that some settings put an agreement in place that staff have to stay for 18 months unless mutually agreed, if they leave before then they have to repay 50% of the cost of the course.

We have a similar thing written in to our agreements for funding/bursaries also as do Portsmouth Early Years when people don't complete NVq's etc. :o

Plus I would look at why they are choosing not to stay with you post qualifying ? Do you do exit interviews etc ? Do they get a slary increase once qualified ?

Edited by redjayne

we to had an agreement that if we paid or contributed towards the training they had to stay for set period or repay any fees to us.

Amount of time depended on how much we had paid..

although we never had to use it..

Inge

we are a small committe run pre-school, the last 2 left because they went into private day care for more money......working full time........thye were both in there early twenties......

I suppose it depends on who provides the training - We are about the have 3 start with train2gain, but it's not costing us a penny as a setting.........I am thinking that at least one of the ladies may leave once trained, but I don't think we can really do anything about it.

We have to pay a contibution if funded by the LA.

Louby Loo you may not have paid for your colleagues to do an NVQ/training, however you will have invested time into that colleague; allowing the assessor to come in and to take the colleague out of the room for discussions etc, so although you may not have used money to pay and invest you have invested time and effort!

Louby Loo you may not have paid for your colleagues to do an NVQ/training, however you will have invested time into that colleague; allowing the assessor to come in and to take the colleague out of the room for discussions etc, so although you may not have used money to pay and invest you have invested time and effort!

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!!

and here's the even bigger joke - I hold a A1 certificate - therefore the college have suggested that I could cover units with the ladies as an 'expert witness'!!!! and get them through 'nice and quick' I think not!............. talk about qualifications on the cheap!

We had a form we got staff to sign to agree that they'd stay for at least 2 years after the end of the training or pay part of the money back, on a sliding scale so if they left straight away, they paid it all back, half at 1 year etc. But I don't think it's been used for a while and ve got free training for some people and my Foundation degree/BA I've had to sign to say I won't leave the County to get funding.

We don't get people to sign for First Aid etc.