Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photographs On Sticky Labels?

We currently print out our photos on paper, 9 to a sheet of A4.

Then we have to cut them all out, then stick them into their journals.

It would be a lot easier if we could print onto a sheet of 9 self-adhesive labels. Then we can just peel them off and stick them in, making life easier and making the journals look a lot slicker.

BUT I cannot find the right size labels.

What do you do?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of such labels?

A PoGo would be great if the papers were loads cheaper.

Thank you

I'd love to have a super-sized pogo that printed normal photo size photos - perhaps they'll bring one out? I wonder if the Pogo people realise that EYFS practitioners are perhaps the single biggest part of their market!

But if they are just one big A4 label you will still need to cut them up.

Plus is it not very difficult to remove the back when you have cut into the label?

But if they are just one big A4 label you will still need to cut them up.

Plus is it not very difficult to remove the back when you have cut into the label?

Yes I do still have to cut out........not a problem ref. removing backing always leave an edge as you work! :o

I have found some --

http://www.labelsourceonline.co.uk/Laser-a...B-Prodview.html

but look at the price and they are for laser printers..

But size wise they are perfect.

Looks staggeringly large when you look like that but if you do the maths it works out at 0.006 pence each label...less than a penny each.....who much is your time worth...how long to cut out each photo, put the glue on and stick it in the book....

Just an observation but surely there must be cheaper labels.....good luck on the search!

Try ebay for labels, I get regular sized ones but a lot cheaper than in shops. They may have large labels.

ppp

not really replying to your comment, it's just that the old "thrupenny piece "was my favourite coin when I was a child.

Can't help you much right now - but in school one of our fantastic TAs has created templates for different sized labels. We insert the photos into the templates and print them off. Haven't explained myself very well but I'll upload them tomorrow in school if I can do it!

I use a mixture of portrait and landscape size labels and my photographs resize themselves into the template. You can get the codes for the word documents from google or sometimes they are on the back of the box. I use Avery templates L7164 > 12 per sheet and L7165 > 8 per sheet, these seem compatible with all the labels I buy.

• 3 months later...

In my setting each keyperson has a file on the computer where photos are stored. They only print ones where they have a matching post it note to show the learning taking place. I would say about 6 each term actually go into the learning journey folder,

otherwise it becomes expensive printing them all.

I try to get them all do long narratives and add examples of children's own work, so the records contain a variety of observations. otherwise they can look like a picture album.

I use their file photos on a powerpoint for parent's evening to show parents what we do, which saves all the printing. I have thought about putting them onto a CD for the parent when their child leaves, but haven't got round to this yet!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)