Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Linking Obs In To The Eyfs

A number of girls are struggling with linking obs into the eyfs. They seem to get really bogged down with the areas of learning and development especially using the book in the pack. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can help them?? I tried to suggest to them that the more they do it the easier it will become as they will get used to it, but they are struggling even to start. xD

Any help will be very much appreciated :o

I found that some of the staff found it difficult to fully understand what the development matters statements actually mean. Once I managed to get them to read across the page as well as the first column, they began to understand what was being asked a little more and that seemed to help them. Or maybe doing a few with someone so you can bounce ideas around until they feel more comfortable?

Hope that helps a little!

hi not sure if this will help but my girls all use development matters sheets (downloaded from here, but can't remember where, sorry try a search) and although these contain the same as the book it is a much more user friendly format flicking through the pages. We have also done some together to start with to help them feel more comfortable with it all.

Is this any use? We use this to annotate mini-obs and date alongside. It helps staff to see where one thing can cross ref to several other areas, and highlights areas that might need some additional obs or planning

x00_blank_pt_2.doc

Edited by Cait

something i did for my new staff was i videoed the children, then we had the develpoment matters with us and talked about what we saw and the type of things it might be. They fellt that it could only be one thing and had to be really specific but when they ealised that one obs can be accross all sorts of areas they felt more confident with their own judgements x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)