Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Books About Kindness

Hi just wondering if anyone new of any good books about kindness and passing on kind acts for nursery aged children. I have searched on google and nothing has come up, just thought some people may have used a book about being kind to others and passing on kindness?

Thanks

Two of my favourites, which are both available as Big Books, are Scarecrow's Hat by Ken Brown and Willy and Hugh by Anthony Browne.

I have a book in school that I like - it's called 'Is that what friends do?' No necessarily about acts of kindness, but quite a good one to get them focussing on thinking of others. Basically it's about a monkey who makes lots of 'friends' but because he doesn't think about what they want to do he ends up making them upset and not really having any real friends. until another animal points out the error of his way. Sounds a bit dull, but the children like it and it does carry an important message - I have reception class children though - may not be a sutable for pre-schoolers??

I like 'Mole and the baby bird' mole finds a bird and wants to keep it in a cage but eventually does the right thing and lets it go - its lovely, both my children enjoyed it and it is now at my setting as it is a realy nice message abount being kind as well as care of living things.

How about Dogger by Shirley Hughes?

Story about a boy who loses his favourite toy and the kindness shown by his older sister.

It's an old one but still one of my favourites! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)