Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vetting And Barring

Have now had information on Vetting and Barring, via safeguarding training. All new staff joining a setting required to be on the register before comencing employment and current staff will be phased onto it through out 2011.

The £64 cost is to be paid by staff member, unless voluntary.

Just thought I would share this info with everyone.

http://www.isa-gov.org.uk/default.aspx?page=333

Guest jenpercy

I know they SAY that the staff member pays BUT in practice it will be the employer, if you want to have someone. I employ a lot of temporary staff for short periods in school holidays. If I emply someone for a week - which is not impossible if they already work at another setting and we are desparate, that is long enough to need V&B. I do hope all students are being told to apply for a voluntary.

Presumably this will now be portable and if someone works at another setting they might already have one?

As a volunteer in 2 places I have 2 separate CRBs, hopefully this ISA thing will mean that no longer happens, so I guess there is at least one upside to it.

I think that is the idea...we will all eventually have number that we take with us wherever we go...and prospective employees can be checked...in fact I believe that you wouldn't offer an interview unless they have their number.. :o

:o

I think that is the idea...we will all eventually have number that we take with us wherever we go...and prospective employees can be checked...in fact I believe that you wouldn't offer an interview unless they have their number.. :(

Once you are registered the system allows for the registration to be portable, unlike a CRB disclosure and so the cost will only be once regardless of how many settings. xD

I find it all very confusing but from what I've read the registration with ISA is a one off and they keep records on people, but enhanced CRB disclosures will still be required for those working with vulnerable groups.

I find it all very confusing but from what I've read the registration with ISA is a one off and they keep records on people, but enhanced CRB disclosures will still be required for those working with vulnerable groups.

Yes that's what I understood Jacquie - and the need to have multiple CRBs is what has always annoyed me so intensely!

Maz

I went to one of the V&B roadshows last week and it is the case that whilst the ISA reg is portable CRBs will still be needed.

However, the representative from the CRB said that they are looking into bringing it in line with the ISA reg and updating employers of any matters that come to light after the CRB has been done.

The thing to remember about ISA reg is that we will only be told of anyone who subsequently becomes barred, and by all accounts it takes really serious crimes for that to happen. We wont be told, for instance if someone is charged with theft/fraud etc, which whilst not being a crime against children would still bring their integrity into serious question. Also the registers for adults and children are still separate so someone may commit a crime against an adult but it would not necessarily preclude them from working with children.

Jenpercy - you mentioned students, well for the purposes of ISA reg they are treated as employed and will still have to pay :o . Also, I have been informed by the ISA directly that anyone registering as a volunteer who then goes on to become employed will have to re-register as an employee and pay the £64.

Interesting times ahead me thinks xD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)