Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Accident/ Incident Forms

It was all so easy when I was childminding. At Playgroup, we keep all the completed forms in date order (sort of) in a ring binder, but I am sure this is not best practice. It doesn't easily lend itself to tracking - either the same childen being injured, or accidents happening in the same part of the setting again and again.

We have a ring binder with an index to give a section for each child. Mrs O was happy with this at our last (pre EYFS) inspection. Much easier to maintain confidentiality, and to keep an eye on individual children, and this way we can file all the 'existing injuries' forms with a child's accident forms too. Tracking accidents by type and location is not any more difficult than with a standard accident book.

Maz

It was easier as a childminder to keep track of everything as there were far fewer children!

I will think about giving each child a section.

Our accident and incident books are the ones from the PLA.

The problem that I've found are that the books are bound, and the form you fill in goes across 2 pages rather than keeping it all on one page. This makes it difficult to then to put each accident form into the child's records.

When they run out I may use an 'inhouse' form that can be stores with the child's records.

Not sure if this is right, but I heard that accident reports should be in the form of a 'book' so that pages could not be removed...However, surely as long as each accident form was numbered then this should be OK.

The NCMA and Morton MIchel forms fro childminders are loose leaf to go in a ring binder, so I don't think they have to be in a book. Interesting thought though, that someone could remove a form, and no one would know.

Does anyone give parents a copy? We don't, but as a childminder the forms were carbonated so we could give a copy to the parents/ carers.

Guest jenpercy

We have simple in house ones that I duplicate. I number a load in advance, so that we can't "lose" one and then we file in date order. We then have a book as in dex ruled with columns. date, number, name, child/adult, and office use. We have recently strted to highlight head injuries. This allows us to track overall frequency, as well as any child patterns.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)