Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baseline

Can anybody help me? I have been asked to compare our baseline assessments i.e. their achievements as they enter reception, with others e.g. national but can't find any information to make comparisons with! I used to do this many tears ago when the LA collected and analysed achievement on entry but since FSP only info I can find is end of reception. any ideas please?

You can compare it to the 'age related expectation' for the start of Reception which they suggest is that children have achieved all 30-50 months and are working within the 40-60 months of the development matters.

Hope this helps x

i've been trying to match the statements from EYFS to statements on profiles and they dont seem very consistant ie..

the statement in KUW 'builds and constructs with a wide range of objects' is an ELG in EYFS and point 8 on profile scale, yet the statement in CLL-R 'knows that print carries meaning' is also an ELG in EYFS yet only point 2 on profile scale ? this doesnt seem to make much sense does it ?

When children enter reception, do you highlight which development matters they are meeting to ensure you know where they are when they enter? I'm trying to improve my on-entry assessments - I was thinking that by highlighting the development matters on the 30-50 months using observations, their learning stories from pre-school and home visits might give this imformation. Does this sound good practice? Or what do others do?

As for the development matters and EYFSP scales, it is annoying they dont match more fully, the early learning goals are the same aren't they? Its just the other ones. The development matters are more for planning where as the profile is for assessment, but tend to do assessment for learning so both are important.

the elg statements are the same (i think - though not checked them all) but it just seems that some elg's on eyfs come out quite high on profiles and then some, especially CLL come out as below average, i'm in a pre-school and ofsted noted in our recent schools ofsted report that children were joining below average in some areas of CLL which is why i looked into profile statements and you can see how they came to this conclusion from comparing where the same statements are on EYFS and then profile.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)