Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play- Babies, Mums And Dads

Not sure where to put this so here goes. I have a group of girls in Nursery who play with the prams and buggies all session if possible. They spend all session walking up and down the garden, stopping occassionally to dabble in the sand or write something but always with the doll tucked under one arm. They continually argue over who has which baby or buggy. I am struggling to think of ways to extend their play. Does anyone have any ideas at all? Thanks :o

Guest Jolou

Could you possibly add highchairs, cots, baby cups, bowls etc... into your home corner

You could always suggest baby needs a sleep whilst they do something else, if you want to extend their play to other area, even maybe some baby doll slings so the dolls are with them but they can do other things as well.

Get them to make a photo diary of dolly's day doing different activities around the nursery. Identify which is dolly's favourite and is it the same as their own?

Can they organise a birthday party for their dolls?

Can they work out which is the tallest/heaviest?

Can they read them a story?

Give them some card, pans and scissors to make hats/crowns for themselves and their babies. How do the sizes differ?

I put out a set of wooden steps (the kind that turns over into a rocking boat) and the girls started working together to help each other get the buggies up and down the steps. The team work was fantastic, as was there awareness of safety telling each other to slow down or wait as they got their balance!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)