Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Chat!

oh LJW, you're SUCH a bad influence on me - how am I going to get my assignment done now???

decisions, decisions!! homework or chat, mmmmm..........

C u there later! :o

Nona

sorry to those of you who've logged in and out this evening. I wasn't paying close attention! Come back!!

I'll pop in after I've done the Youth Club pickup at 10pm!

Nona

I havent ventured into the chat room for ages.. I was wondering what sort of a state you were leaving it in.. Hope its nice and clean and the tables have been wiped.. I do hate sticky tables...

Well it was nice and clean last night when I left but Happymaz was just tucking into the pistachios so let's hope she didn't drop any shells.

We had a lovely time in Chat!!

Despite my misgivings the childminder conference today was good! :o The digital camera is pretty cheap and nasty but the kids will enjoy it but the goodie bags - WOW xD

I did 3 workshops - outdoor play, ICT and enjoying the beat. All had good ideas for building on what I already do and nice things to help me do it!

I came home with 4 enormous reusable bags and contents which include - a large slate, a set of junior garden tools, seeds, a book of garden activity ideas, a portable CD/cassette player, a set of garden walkie talkies, 3 miniature jute bags to collect goodies on walks, a bag of inclusion books and posters, a nursery rhyme book & CD set, another songs CD, a glove for 5 currant buns, 6 finger puppets, a file of traditional songs/rhymes, 3 different sets of castanets, maracas, a set of bells, a set of 5 duck masks and a frog mask!!!!!!!!!

There were other workshops on superhero play or numeracy and they had goodie bags too! That must be all the funding spent now then, before the end of the financial year ?!

FABULOUS!! Well worth giving up my Saturday for and to celebrate I'm off for drinks and a curry with 8 of our friends - no chat tonight then!!

Nona

Well nona I'm really pleased for you - well worth leaving chat for an early night then!

I can report that all surfaces and clean and unsticky, and that my pistachio shells were safely contained in a box until a suitable bin could be found.

Maz

My haul is causing great envy!!

I am sharing the joy however...

My 15 year old and her friend have unpacked and inspected everything and put their names on the inclusion stuff for Tuesday when they're doing that topic in college for their Diploma in Society, Health & Development

The outdoor stuff inspired me to look at a couple of other books I have, and I found a couple of poems for Sunshine!

I asked for, and got, an extra copy of the traditional songs book for the young librarian who runs Rattle & Rhyme for us each week. She has no children (yet!) but spends hours finding things for the group.

I've left it in the bags and boxes so the children can investigate it tomorrow before school.

and the 18month old will LOVE the mini bags and all the empty packaging boxes!!

It's good to share :o

Nona