Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Phonics Help Sheet

Hi,

My 100th post-woo hoo!

A parent has asked if she could have a help sheet that explains the phonetic alphabet so that she can make sure she is pronouncing the sounds correctly. Anyone know where I can find such a thing that is parent friendly?

Thanks

Learning_the_Letter_Sounds_letter_to_p.docLearning_the_Letter_Sounds_letter_to_p.doc

Hi,

My 100th post-woo hoo!

A parent has asked if she could have a help sheet that explains the phonetic alphabet so that she can make sure she is pronouncing the sounds correctly. Anyone know where I can find such a thing that is parent friendly?

Thanks

Hi

We use the Jolly Phonics scheme and adapted something from their website for our parents to understand how the actions, pictures and sounds are linked. We send it home with a double sided A4 overview of the pictures and sounds together at our Autumn parents evening. I hope this is of some use.

Kat

Hi,

My 100th post-woo hoo!

Thanks

Jolly Phonics will send you lots of glossy free information leaflets 2009%20UK%20Guide-1%20website.jpg

Their website also has audio files if your parents are anything like those in my setting these are more useful -just click on the letter and hear the phoneme

s-action.gif

http://www.jollylearning.co.uk/ - click on audio in the toolbar

If you aren't using Jolly Phonics you can view all the sounds http://www.phonicsinternational.com/video_clips.html

and Debbie is offering the first unit free which includes an overview of all the sounds.

Edited by Marion

• 3 months later...

I am glad to hear that the letter sounds are pronounced correctly. I do find it strange that the JP program says, e.g. "wa-wa-wa" in their JP Songs CD and also in their web site. One can also find that mistake in the L&S DVD. One says "wind" and not "wa :o ind"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)