Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Welly Storage

Hi

I am hoping that someone will be able to help. I am looking for some welly storage I saw on here before christmas, I have done a search but cant seem to find it. It was a cube shaped welly storage unit that was on wheels and was priced about £70 made out of plastic (i think). I am also looking for some waterproof outfits for the children they are to used by nursery and reception so need to be 1 size fits all kind of thing.

Thanks for your help

Vicki

Hi

I am hoping that someone will be able to help. I am looking for some welly storage I saw on here before christmas, I have done a search but cant seem to find it. It was a cube shaped welly storage unit that was on wheels and was priced about £70 made out of plastic (i think). I am also looking for some waterproof outfits for the children they are to used by nursery and reception so need to be 1 size fits all kind of thing.

Thanks for your help

Vicki

Waterproofs - Muddy Puddles - but are pricey

or try Winfields - have purchased adult and children here - regatta make for children not bad prices we have size 5-6 for our pre-school children and I know our reception class has the same size

Might help

As for wellies we only have a wellie box as we are limited on space

Big Sue

We have abandoned our waterproof dungerees and waterproof jackets for a variety of reasons and have bought poncho's and umbrellas instead.We only had 6 sets which were very adult intensive to help the children dress and yes we did coach the children to dress themeselves We certainly couldn't have managed 30 sets to let everyone out-storage, cost and adult help dressing. We wanted more children outside in wet weather, easier for children to self manage, more flexibilty to go in and out quickly following their train of thought. We have bought 12 so far and have funding to get more if they are successful. Our current group are really into umbrellas!!! A mad panic to get an umbrella at the slightest drip. Lots of children bring their own but we bought 12 more.

Ponchos on TTS.

We use an old wooden shelving unit just inside the preschool door, but I like the idea of the mini greenhouse. Be good if they did one on wheels so it could be wheeled in for nights, w/es and holidays.

Also, I think someone ran a post previously about welly storage and I think I recall reading something about a parent making a unit with little poles sticking up to put boots on upside down.

Sam

Edited by sam2368

We are currently looking into this also. I have not decided which welly storage to go for yet, but i saw a rather cool rack at another school. The teacher said it was made by the care taker to spec. I don't know if this will be an option for you, but i will try to explain it. Imagine the two ends are 'A' shaped with 2 long planks of wood connecting the 'A's' on each side. On each piece of long connecting wood there are pegs to place the wellies on, it also has wheels. Very clever, but isn't particularly space saving.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)