Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E115 Help - Pleeeeease!

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anybody can help me. I'm just doing tma06 which is 'promoting children's learning and development' We need to come up with i key question that we would like to investigate avout out practice around this. As i'm a nanny and most of my job revolves around the care of 1 child i thought i would like to look at how much opportunity i provide for the child in my care to socially intereact with others so my key question is something like, how effectivley do I plan for social interaction with other children?' Now i'm beginning to panic that I have it all wrong. Is there anybody who has done or is doing this course who could help me out?? Really fed up today and feel like just giving up :o

Thanks in advance

hi

Not sure what E115 is! But when I did foundation degree I did a similar question because at the time I was working as a childminder for one family. I think your question is fine and I think you will be able to write lots about social interaction/relating it to EYFS/how you plan in your home setting to ensure the child you look after is given lots of opportunity to have social interaction with others.

ok phew, I was beginning to question whether they wanted me to focus more on itellectual and cognitive development. However surely social interaction is part of this, isn't it??

This is horrible I'm beginning to doubt everything I know

Thanks unsworth :o

Hi Rapunzel. It's been a while since I did E115, so I'll look it out and read what I had - that's if it's not on the dead hard drive! I do remember that this module reduced me to tears and made me feel like giving up! Keep going!!!!

Hi Cait,

Thank you so much for your messages, I can confirm that I am already at the tears stage. Do you think my question is ok or should I have gone for something more along the lines of cognitive and intellectual. Beginning to think I have it all wrong. Also i just tried to send you a pm but apparently my brian has melted

Rapunzel

How far have you got with it? Why not make some notes on both your ideas and see which you think is the strongest in terms of getting good quotes from the study materials and observations of your own?

Well it has to be posted on Tuesday, I have wrote up my observations on the child in question in group activities, as well as looking at my planning to see how many opportunities I provide for social interaction. I think I will be able to get quotes to fit in with this, i'm just worried that I have mis-understood the question, and i've approached it from completlet the wrong angle. :o

Hi

I've just started studying a foundation degree also, but not with OU, so I may be way off here, but the question sounds a good one to me in your circumstances. Could you maybe link to the theorist Bandura and social learning theory/social cognitive theory, which emphasises the role of observational learning and social experience in the development of personality. If you do a google scholar search I'm sure you will find lots of info.

Good luck.

sounds fine to me. I am doing the same as you and with the question in my last essay I began to question whether it sounded ok. But I passed so I suggest stick with it. I am trying to write 1000 words for part 3 but am struggling to get that many words. Anyway a few more days. I have done my eyclos but need to put all the evidence together and put those silly forms infront of each one.

best of luck

keep working hard

buttercup

HI

I did E115 ages ago and just looked back at my TMA 6 I chose to look at how effectively my ICT provision covered the six areas of learning.

I think your question sounds absolutely fine :o I really don't think you have misunderstood the question. The course enables you to develop your ability to be reflective and that's exactly what you have done - looked back at your practice and identified an area you would like to investigate further - sound spot on to me xD

Good luck with the TMA and the rest of your study and do shout if you get stuck :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)