Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Scrapstores

Verona

The Ambleside Centre, Woodley, Reading, Berkshire has a scrap store.

31191[/snapback]

Oooh! how exciting... Do you have contact details and/or opening times?

Are you based near to Reading then?

Maz

Maz

The Lend and Play Toy Library Scrap Store

The Ambleside Centre, Ambleside Close, Woodley RG5 4JJ

Tel: 0118 377 6429

The scrap store is located in the toy library, (see the Lend and Play Library for details of membership). Opening times are:

Tuesdays – 6pm to 8pm

Thursdays – 9.30am to 1pm

First Saturday of each month – 9am to 1pm

The scrap store provides materials, which are available to members of the toy library to use in their own creative activities.

To use the scrap store to enhance the creative play you offer, all you need to do is join the Lend and Play Toy Library and pay a small fee for every carrier bag you take away.

regards

In Bedfordshire and don't have one as far as I know. They do have one in Milton Keynes but think it is limited to Buckinghamshire.

Fab idea though.

Netx

Hi there- Oxford has a scrap store called ORINOCO.

Here is some info a friend sent to me. She says that it is fantastic and that they have managed to get lots of paint, gardening tools and other bits and bobs donated frm local sources.

ORINOCO: The Oxfordshire Scrap Store

Janie Butler/Sam Bell,

Bullingdon Community Centre,

Peat Moors,

HEADINGTON,

OX3 7HS.

Email: orinoco.scrapstore@lineone.net

Phone: 01865 761113

Exciting low-cost creative play materials for community groups, pre-schools, after school clubs, holiday playschemes. Clean materials & safe scrap collected from local businesses. Opening hours currently are 10am-2pm Tuesday; 11am-3pm Wednesday; 10am-2pm Thursdays; 11am-2pm first Saturday of the month.

Also this might be of interest but try this website: http://www.home-education.org.uk/scrap.htm (sorry I have no idea how to make a direct link to the page :o ) they have a list of them.

The East Point one in Southampton is ours - it's not that big and I think more expensive than the Portsmouth one. I have heard of the big one in Portsmouth and an even bigger one in Bristol, but the prices are so huge now that for a small preschool like ours we can't make enough use of it to be worthwhile - we just can't use that much stuff! However buying things like card and scraps of fabric seem pointless (and wasteful) when others are throwing them away!

Carolyn

25153[/snapback]

I live near southampton and have supported the southampton one in the past but unfornatley it is so small and cramped that it can be quite hard to find what you need and they are restricted on what they can accept

i now use the Portsmouth materials bank which is very good (they were on meridain TV recently)

I have just renewed my membership as a group which I think is for toddler groups and preschools (I may be wrong about preschools) which cost £52 for the year.

this has given us two cards ( I share membership with my collegue who is coordinator of another network) and we can add a 6 names of people in the group if we need to

I try to go at least once a month and always come away with useful scrap and card - the shop is very useful too and the staff are always helpful and friendly.

you need to know that you are going to use the place enough to cover the membership fee and travel costs