Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childminders Using Creche In Children Centre

hi

Does anyone know if there is a rule/guidelines about childminders leaving their minded children in children centre creche while they access training.I know they should obtain parental consent but are there any other rules!!!

I'm not sure that parental consent is enough.

My sister's childminder was leaving her children in a creche when it was Ofsteded and she was hauled over the coals even though she had consent. She had to get the parents to book the children into the creche themselves and then not charge for that time. They threatened to remove her registration and left her stewing all weekend.

I would have thought that the parents arrangement with regard to paying their childminder is between them and the childminder.

If the parent books the child into the creche, and gives the childminders details as the emergency contact if there are any problems, and also lets them know that it will be the childminder dropping off and picking up, what difference is that to a childminder taking and picking up a child from pre-school? Or an after school activity?

NCMA has a policy regarding the use of a creche but not sure of the Ofsted /eyfs regulations as have never used a creche myself for minded children

not sure if this is how to link it but this is the page

rhttp://www.ncma.org.uk/docs/sample_policy_use_of_creches.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)