Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funding

Verona

Hi

What do you do?

The children are funded for 15 hours a week and some of them attend more hours. They are charged for the extra hours they come to Pre-school. What happens when we have an inset day? I am going to lose money by having an inset day because i haven't stated what hours are funded in parent's contracts Does anyone put in the parent contract set hours say, Mon - Fri 9am-12noon = 15 hours funded and then any extra on any of those days are chargeable?

For example a child attends Mon - 4 hours, Tues - 6 hours, Thurs - 6 hours and Fri 4 hours, totalling 20 hours, 15 of which are funded and the parents normally pays me for the extra 5 hours. We are closed on Friday.

What do any of you do?

I hope you understand my query because reading this back sounds a bit gobbly gook :o

Sue J

Does anyone put in the parent contract set hours say, Mon - Fri 9am-12noon = 15 hours funded and then any extra on any of those days are chargeable?

That's what I intend to do once we move to offering the 15 hours in our Borough. This is what would have happened had the EYSFF gone ahead, and we would have received the minimum flexibility enhancement available under the new Formula.

That said, I'm not sure what conditions (if any) our Borough is planning to attach to the funding from September, since it has not applied to be a pathfinder Authority. My list of questions is growing by the day - thanks Sue for bringing this one up - I hadn't really thought about this aspect!

Maz

we loose money. If a child comes for 5 extra hours I deduct those from their bill. So if a child comes mon 9-3 6 hrs tues 9-3 6 hrs weds 9-1 4 hours and thurs 9-1 4 hours total of 20 and the inset day was on monday i would deduct 5 hours but if it was on thurs i would only deduct 4 hours. hope this makes sense.

buttercup

We say for a child in receipt of 15hrs funding the first 15 hrs is funded and any additional hours are paid. We only open for a maximum of 6 hours per day. If inset days fall on on a day where the child is not in receipt of funding we do not charge them fees....so we lose money. This decision was made to enable families to pay for some other form of childcare if they are unable to have the time off work as the closure is not their fault.

i have started doing the invoices trying to spread the free hours across the week for each child as I feel this is fairer. so, yes on each day on the invoice it states the times which are funded and the times which are paid for. but it is really difficult as there as so many patterns of attendance. it's also an issue when term finishes or starts half way through a week.

Edited by anju

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)