Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-school Coach Trips

Hi

Hoping someone can help me with regards coach trips and the use of car seats. We are taking the children in April to a local co-operative farm for the morning, at my previous setting a coach was used (with seatbelts) to transport the children. Does anyone know if this is ok or should each child be fitted with a car seat, we have 35 children on our books which would be a lot of car seats, not to mention time consuming.

Has anyone else used a coach and if so did you provide car seats?

Kris

Hi

Hoping someone can help me with regards coach trips and the use of car seats. We are taking the children in April to a local co-operative farm for the morning, at my previous setting a coach was used (with seatbelts) to transport the children. Does anyone know if this is ok or should each child be fitted with a car seat, we have 35 children on our books which would be a lot of car seats, not to mention time consuming.

Has anyone else used a coach and if so did you provide car seats?

Kris

http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/carryingchildren/duty.htm

This is the link for rospa.

Sadly this is exactly why I will not allow any coach transport trips at my setting anymore. Trying to fit 30 odd car seats, plus load children, packed lunces, first aid, meds, port a potty, spare clothes, and the proverbial kitchen sink took us the best part of an hour last time we tried. The patrents all moaned about having to bring in car seats, but equally would have moaned if we hadn't asked for them!!!!

I will now only allow short local trips...tragic isn't it.

No, mini buses and coaches don't have to have child seats in them. In fact I don't think you are even required to make the children where a seat belt in these vehicles, although obviously I'm sure you would make the chidlren wear them!

EYFS1966 that seems a very sad state of affairs for the children :o Could you not just make parents aware that although you are going on a coach/mini bus there will be no child seats fitted and then it's their decision whether or not to allow their child to go.

Edited by Guest

We invited all parents to meet us at the farm - so much easier - they could join us or go home for the day as we took the appropriate number of staff in a minibus.

Thats not bad, one hour to get packed up in relation to the enjoyment the children probably had during the day. Its what we are here for isnt it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)