Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Serbian Dual Language Resources

hello all

had a visit today from our QA assessor who suggested I put up dual language posters of areas/objects /routines for our new serbian 2yr old. have done a search and come up with some mixed dual language posters on schools link which are great but she was after us doing specifically serbian/english. can anyone point me in the right direction?

sue

Try your local library.

I was after dual language Italian/English books and when the librarian did a search I could have had Serbian, Polish, Russian, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish, French & German!

When they couldn't find anything for me within the Borough they ordered new books especially for the child and will contact me when they arrive! Fab service!

Nona

How is the parent's English?

We had a Crotian family come through our pre-school some time age and both the parents spoke English. They were delighted to help us with translations and that was the beginning of a fantastic relationship with them (forgive me if you've already done this!!)

Otherwise the library is probably your best bet.

Good luck. :o

the family write and speak excellent English and probably would help if asked however when he started they asked that he learn better English. He is not bad at all and slips in and out between the two and he is learning staff words for different things not bad for 2yrs. Our assesor wanted us to do this not for the family or the boy to learn English but to show that as a setting we value his home language . I think perhaps dual language stories may be the best route.

thanks everyone for your help

sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)