Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Behaviour Issues

We have a boy in year 1 who was always a challenge during year R but during year 1 has become more and more challenging and defiant. He is from a tough background with not very good role models and no real consistency in discipline. I feel he is struggling with the more structured way that year 1 is set up. Anyway it has also become apparent that he has got low self esteem and so to try and develop this he is going to spend 15-20 mins in year R with me doing helpful jobs to make him feel important.

We have thought of him sharing book with 1 or 2 younger children. I also thought that maybe he could play a game with some children, help them on the computer as he loves computers, and maybe help us tidy up the outside area as it's just before lunch. But I am running out of inspiration. He is in our NQTs class so I want to everything I can to help her and I do have a soft spot for him as he is a bit of a lovable rogue and am desperate for him to be happy. I'm going to set up a reward system for the jobs he does but if anyone has any ideas of other things I could suggest he does then that would be wonderful.

Thank you

I'm not sure if I've uploaded it right!

Looks fine to me, Upsy Daisy - three downloads so far. Perhaps you could upload it in the .doc format for those of us who don't have the most up to date version of Windows?

Maz

Sorry Maz! Why do I always forget to do that?

Appendix_three.doc

As for the car wash. Well it's a bit more like a child wash! The children line up facing each other in two lines and a child walks slowly between them while the others pat stroke and compliment them. It helps if you give them some ideas beforehand of the type of things they may like to say. It worked best for the group I worked with if we only did two or three children at a time. Otherwise it became rather repetitive and lost the point. It was successful for the child I was working with.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)