Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qisp

Hi

The private day nursery I manage has to identify areas for quality improvement for QISP Quality Imporvement Support Programme from our local Early Years dept. We have to deliver training to staff and then evaluate ourselves, it seems very like a SEF, and we have to evidence how we do virtually everything in order for the local Early Years Dept to offer us targeted support.

Any one done something similar or any ideas? I want staff to evaluate themselves in detail - all aspects of the eyfs, does any one have a detailed pro forma?

Why do I feel like there is NEVER ENDING paperwork???

Hi

The private day nursery I manage has to identify areas for quality improvement for QISP Quality Imporvement Support Programme from our local Early Years dept. We have to deliver training to staff and then evaluate ourselves, it seems very like a SEF, and we have to evidence how we do virtually everything in order for the local Early Years Dept to offer us targeted support.

Any one done something similar or any ideas? I want staff to evaluate themselves in detail - all aspects of the eyfs, does any one have a detailed pro forma?

Why do I feel like there is NEVER ENDING paperwork???

We've been involved in the Qisp programme - it is fairly painless. initially we were given a selection of 4 (I think) tables all documenting where a setting might be in terms of practice. They ranged from the best practice to something that could be regarded as a setting that might be unsatisfactory - at least that's how I remember it. As a team we were asked to plot ourselves in relation to these tables and decide where we think we are at - and so what level of support we might need from the aadvisory team.

Once we'd decicided where we were - we were in between two - the advisory team came in and we discussed between us what level of support was needed and some priorities for improvement.

Yes it does involve yet more paperwork - but I have found it helpful to have a real focused improvement plan - something to follow and that is monitored. It means that we have made real progress. Sometimes things can be identified, but get lost in the whole day to day commotion.

And its something to show OFSTED that you are considering your future, and what you've achieved so far.

It wasn't like the SEf - not half as bad .

I assume this is a national thing so shouldn't change too much region to region .........haven't you been given the initial tables from the Early years team?

We've been involved in the Qisp programme - it is fairly painless. initially we were given a selection of 4 (I think) tables all documenting where a setting might be in terms of practice. They ranged from the best practice to something that could be regarded as a setting that might be unsatisfactory - at least that's how I remember it. As a team we were asked to plot ourselves in relation to these tables and decide where we think we are at - and so what level of support we might need from the aadvisory team.

Once we'd decicided where we were - we were in between two - the advisory team came in and we discussed between us what level of support was needed and some priorities for improvement.

Yes it does involve yet more paperwork - but I have found it helpful to have a real focused improvement plan - something to follow and that is monitored. It means that we have made real progress. Sometimes things can be identified, but get lost in the whole day to day commotion.

And its something to show OFSTED that you are considering your future, and what you've achieved so far.

It wasn't like the SEf - not half as bad .

I assume this is a national thing so shouldn't change too much region to region .........haven't you been given the initial tables from the Early years team?

Hiya

Yes we have completed the inital tables, i felt we were mostly in the middle, but my LA has now devised quite a detailed pack, were we have to be a lot more specific and evidence why we feel we are at a certain point. Evaluation is valuable, i really want to move my setting along, but the LA tool asks for a lot of evidence!

I'm looking for a self evaluation pro forma, that links to the EYFS for individual staff......any ideas?

Hi Sunshine, it does sound quite heavy what you are being asked to do, so I hope when you get going with it, it will be easier than you think.

The criteria in the tables are not nationally agreed, the booklet linked to above gives examples that LAs may wish to follow, but each LA will make its own decisions about that. For example, we have made more of the statements around transition, parent relationships, and inclusion. We are also trying to make this much less about paperwork, so that it doesn't become an onerous task. The kind of evidence we may look or ask for will be things you will have already for example a completed SEF, staff meeting or training records, all about me information of learning diaries etc.

I hope that makes sense

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)