Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mother's Day Cards

Thinking of a previous discussion on encouraging individual creativity versus producing a nice finished result what are you all doing for mother's day? St Davids is the Monday before so Daffodil Cards are springing to mind which I'm sure the kids and mums will love but is it wrong to have them all producing the same thing? Any original ideas? (preferably something cheap and easy to prepare!)

I think it's only 'wrong' when you force them to produce 30-odd identical cards! If you suggest they might like to send a card with daffs on and then provide plenty of varied resources, then I don't really think you have stunted their creativity - probably only a few will produce a daffs card anyway!!

Sue :D

Just beat me to it Sue R -

given the resources and idea they will all be different in the end, some will not look like flowers at all, how about having some real daffs for them to look at and interpret , we had some lovely daffodil drawings and paintings this way . they really looked like the daffs.

Inge

I made lovely cards one year after taking in a bunch of daffodils and asking the children to finger paint as an observational response.

Yes, they were similar but not identical as each child's response was unique and my LO was hand eye coordination!

We've got just enough placemats left from a couple of years ago for the children to put their hand prints on that we're using for Mothers day, you know the one's with the poem? We're going to beg the school for it's laminator. If funds allow we were going to plant sunflower seeds too. St. Davids day will be either the daffodill or layers of tissue or paper after we've looked at a leek. :D

We ask the children to draw a picture of their mummy on an A4 piece of paper with the words "My mummy" at the top and then "by" at the bottom with their name "written" by them. These are very individual as you can imagine. We then laminate them. One of my staff has still got hers from when her daughter was with us about 4 years ago. It's on the inside of her wardrobe door.

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)