Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Premises - How Diverse ?

Hi - W e are a pre-school in a multi use community building . We pack away every night and have a workable but not easy realationship with the landlords. We are thinking we need to think more of a move to perhaps our own premises - we know there is no where similar in our location but need to stay in area as we are busy , always full with a huge wait list and need to be the providers in this area as we know it works basically . I wonder what sort of building are you all in as I think Im not thinking outside the box enough as to what is possible . Dizz

Hi Dizz

Same sort of issues really. Recently looked at a business class premises that came up for sale but missed out. Have been looking at houses but the issues regarding planning change of use and actually paying for a premises that can't be used until planning is sorted are off putting to say the least.

However another thought then came to mind - if I move out I am opening the door to competition to move in!

Food for thought but no answers I'm afraid.

I have thought of this too - however I think that if you have made your local LEA aware of the problems with your premises and have a paper trail to show evidence of how you have tried to resolve things to little effect I think it would be difficult for a new provider to access grants to start up on the same place you have just moved out of as the council would be aware that it wasn's a feesible proposition due to your prior problems and decline the grant?????? The other thing is - be proud of your reputation .

we're in the same position as dizzylizzy, we're by far the highest rental using the shared community hall but get the least consideration......a member of our hall management actually gave a set of keys out last weekend that had the master key to our 'LOCKED PRIVATE' storecupboard come office !!!! so they were able to help themselves to our tables/chairs.......which was the least of my worries with all the confidential information held in there :o

we are actually waiting for a decision regarding a funding application we submitted a few weeks ago, hoping to move on to school site.........