Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childminder To Other Childcare On Domestic Premises

hi I am thinking of changing over to other childcare on domestic premises from childminding,can anyone tell me the pros and cons please

Hi Rachel and a very warm welcome to the forum! :o

Noticed you hadn't had any replies.........what are your plans......a pre-school run from your own house? Or have I completely misunderstood?

Come back and elaborate and then perhaps the lovely forum folks will be able to help! xD

Hi Rachel and a very warm welcome to the forum! :o

Noticed you hadn't had any replies.........what are your plans......a pre-school run from your own house? Or have I completely misunderstood?

Come back and elaborate and then perhaps the lovely forum folks will be able to help! xD

not pre-school.but i have been told i can register as other childcare working from domestic premises.i have looked into it and it seems like a good idea,but just wanted to know of anyone else who has done the same..could just do with some advice really ... somethings look good on paper but in practise its a whole new ball game.

Hi Rachel, welcome to the Forum.

I childmind and don't know of anyone who has made the change to a "home based childcarer" (caring for the child/ren in their own home) I'm told by a friend who is a Nanny to 2 families that there is information about regulations on the Ofsted site.

I look forward to finding out the pros and cons....

Nona

I thought that applied to previous childminders who employed assistants/worked with another childminder (ie husband) and had more children than the usual allowance because of that??? Maybe wrong....

Clare x

Ofsted say "A home childcarer is a person aged 18 or over who cares for the children (aged from birth to 17 years) in their own home; or for children of no more than two families, wholly or mainly at the home of one or both families at any one time, such as a nanny share. If a person cares for the children of three or more families at any one time, the law says they are no longer a home childcarer but a childminder.

Home childcarers do not have to register with Ofsted but may choose to register on the voluntary part of the Childcare Register. The most common reasons for doing so are to give reassurance to parents who employ nannies; and to enable eligible parents to claim the childcare element of working families tax credits.

Home childcarers on the Childcare Register must meet the requirements for registration set out in our leaflet Requirements for the Childcare Register: childminders and home childcarers."

I believe (but may be wrong!) that they don't have to deliver EYFS!

Nona

Edited by Guest

I think the original poster is talking about this though not being a nanny....

A childcare provider on domestic premises provides care for children of any age up to their 18th birthday on domestic premises with at least three other people at any one time. Domestic premises mean any premises which are wholly or mainly used as a private dwelling, that is they are someone’s home. The difference between this type of care and childminding is the number of people involved in the care of children. If four or more people look after children at any time they are providing childcare on domestic premises, not childminding

(from Ofsted too)

On the childminder forum I used to belong to there were several childcare providers from domestic premises, they were seen as more like nursery providers from within a home, so I would expect they had more hoops to jump through but don't quote me!

Clare x

I think the original poster is talking about this though not being a nanny....

A childcare provider on domestic premises provides care for children of any age up to their 18th birthday on domestic premises with at least three other people at any one time. Domestic premises mean any premises which are wholly or mainly used as a private dwelling, that is they are someone’s home. The difference between this type of care and childminding is the number of people involved in the care of children. If four or more people look after children at any time they are providing childcare on domestic premises, not childminding

(from Ofsted too)

On the childminder forum I used to belong to there were several childcare providers from domestic premises, they were seen as more like nursery providers from within a home, so I would expect they had more hoops to jump through but don't quote me!

Clare x

I am thinking it might be more than a few hoops to jump through! I was hoping someone was going to tell me it was a piece of cake to change over from one to the other ..ha ha.thanks for the info ant way

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)