Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! - Desperate Appeal

hopeytg

I am so fed up with this course - supposed to be handing in 2803 and 2804 in on Monday and haven't done either. I have been

sat at my computer since 8am and typed a whole 196 words - most of that is the titles!! - The other essays I have managed

to muddle through using the notes from lectures and text books but 2803 in particular has me totally stumped - I am

completely clueless as to what I should be writing. I may as well have written my notes in Russian for all the sense they make.

I have seriously contemplated giving up and stopping the course but I can't afford to pay back the money - not much of an

incentive to keep going!! Some ideas on what I should be including or suggestions on where to go for help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi

I don't think I have said 'welcome' so a very warm welcome to the forum from me :o

I would love to help if I can but I am sorry 2803 and 2804 don't mean anything to me. Which course are you studying or what are the titles/requirements of the essays.

I am sure I am not the only one willing to help but a little more information about what is required would be good xD

Thanks for replying - 2803 is Promoting Curiosity and Investigation - based on maths and science - we have done 6 activity plans to cover a particular area - I chose shapes and are now supposed to be 'justifying the learning and teaching approaches embedded within the portfolio' and then 2nd part evaluate one activity and demonstrate ways in which the activiy matched the learning levels etc etc - it is the Foundation Degree in Early Years

Firstly hello and welcome to the forum hopeytg. I’m sorry you are feeling down about your studies at the moment. I often think it is the ‘getting started’ of an essay which is the hardest bit. Once you have a direction to go in then it gets easier doesn’t it?

I hope someone who has done the Foundation Degree will come along with some ideas, not having done this myself I wouldn’t like to lead you astray. There are some documents and articles around which could help you get off in the right direction, depending on the activities you have chosen to write about. This article may help

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/inDepth/7402...shape---Square/

Also look at the requirements of the EYFS documents. There are lots of useful documents here which will give you an idea of what good practice is for supporting children's learning and what you will be trying to develop in your activities.

http://nationalstrategies.standards.dcsf.g...ganddevelopment

I hope this helps a little. Perhaps if you give us a little more detail about the activity you have to evaluate it would help. Have you done this with children or is it hypothetical?

Thank you also for your advice - Nursery World article very useful - the activity i have decided to evaluate is shape bingo -

the child in question did not know his shapes so i used shape bingo in my initial observations to show he did not know - did

6 activities to improve shape recognition and then the 7th is shape bingo again to show improvement - does that sound right -I can do the activity plans, obs ok but it is then reflecting and evaluating what it shows? I am sure you all have better things to be doing on a Sat night so I do appreciate your imput.

I am so fed up with this course - supposed to be handing in 2803 and 2804 in on Monday and haven't done either. I have been

sat at my computer since 8am and typed a whole 196 words - most of that is the titles!! - The other essays I have managed

to muddle through using the notes from lectures and text books but 2803 in particular has me totally stumped - I am

completely clueless as to what I should be writing. I may as well have written my notes in Russian for all the sense they make.

I have seriously contemplated giving up and stopping the course but I can't afford to pay back the money - not much of an

incentive to keep going!! Some ideas on what I should be including or suggestions on where to go for help would be greatly appreciated.

It is very overwhelming sometimes, looking and trying to work out what is wanted.

Start with the question as a heading and break it down into sections and work through methodically. Small steps.

When we did this module we had to include the adult role in scaffolding the child's learning and how over questioning can sometimes inhibit childrens learning process.

I personally write a bit and then look for quotes to cite either back up what I have written or disagree.

Don't give up it does get clearer.

Good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)