Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Assessment Forms

Hello All - Happy New Year!!

I am thinking of implementing Parent Assessment form into my Preschool Room.

Does anyone have one already that they could share, to give me an idea of what to put on it

Thanks

Asking the parents to Assess the children before they start the preschool.....

so do they know there colours and they count etc!!

:o This is my first post, been reading all the forums for about a year now and not had the guts to comment on anything, but just wanted to say that I do like this form and will be using it as a starting point to develop one of my own. xxx

Thanks

Marie

Hello Marie, and welcome to the forum!! I love this site!!

A big thank you to Suzie, i have given a copy of the form to my Preschool Room Leader, and she is very thankful to!!

If any body else has a copy i would still be greatful to see what others use!!

Edited by Guest

I created the form below quite recently, it covers most of the bases I think, feel free to adapt it if it's what you were after.

Baseline_Assessment_without_names.doc

Hello there

I was interested to see your form and the items which it covers.

As a Pre school which accepts many children as their first experiences of the 'outside world', it is crucial for us too to gain parental information about the child and the family ethos in parenting.

We tend to use informal and formal meetings to gain this information, explaining to Parents why we need to know about their child's likes and dislikes, strengths and achievements.

I'm always happy to accept parents information as to what their child can do and record this at the meetings, however I do shy away from asking parents to complete a form of closed questions without a meeting to back up context of learning and good old observations over an initial period of time.

I'd be interested to hear what others think?

Hello there

I was interested to see your form and the items which it covers.

As a Pre school which accepts many children as their first experiences of the 'outside world', it is crucial for us too to gain parental information about the child and the family ethos in parenting.

We tend to use informal and formal meetings to gain this information, explaining to Parents why we need to know about their child's likes and dislikes, strengths and achievements.

I'm always happy to accept parents information as to what their child can do and record this at the meetings, however I do shy away from asking parents to complete a form of closed questions without a meeting to back up context of learning and good old observations over an initial period of time.

I'd be interested to hear what others think?

In both of my settings on induction day the keyworker goes through everything with the parent. We then give them the learning journal (this is the one with all the EYFS statements) and ask them to highlight the areas they think their child can do (We show them how to use the age of their child but to look at ages below and above) . We give them and All About Me sheet too which details likes etc. Of course we explain that if they do not understand the statements to ignore them. At the start of the learning journal we then key the highlighter colour used by the parent and state that this is the parents own assesment of their child. This does not mean that we will not do our own observations for the statements highlighted at some point.

Each child is also given a scrapbook where photos, pices of "work" are added too.

Almost snap with Marley but we have used cd from Sound Learning( http://www.soundlearning-shop.co.uk/) which provides entry info sheets, progress records, observation templates and we have found to be incredibly helpful especially for new staff. (the progress records especially list the points of each area of learning and then explain what to look for). We also use our own All about me sheet for childs likes dislikes, special words for things, best friends etc. On each child's visit the key worker explains the sheets with the visiting parent and goes through it with them if required.

Rachel

:o This is my first post, been reading all the forums for about a year now and not had the guts to comment on anything, but just wanted to say that I do like this form and will be using it as a starting point to develop one of my own. xxx

Thanks

Marie

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the site as supportive and useful as I have. This site reassures me and provides guidance and ideas as well as updates me.

Sharon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)