Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Years Foundation Degree

:o hi can anyone help me i need a new mentor i started my degree in september and my mentor does not work in childcare so she does not understand the essays. my tutor told me to find a new mentor that works in childcare so would understand what the essay is about i need some one i can email questions to for advice and can email my essay to so can proof read it and if wrong adive how to put it write i am doing my degree at richmond college liking in with kingston uni i would be very gratefull if there is any 1 that would like to help me thank u

Its a pleasure to be the first to welcome you to the Forum, cambersands - congratulations on making your first post!

I am guessing this is a voluntary position - perhaps it would help if you gave us some idea of the level of commitment needed. How often are your assignments, what modules are you studying etc?

There are lots of us who have done the Foundation Degree and then topped up to full degree, and the Forum is a great place for asking questions about your studies. Make sure you have a good look round the Forum at subjects that interest you - its amazing what you can learn from reading old threads and other people's questions!

Look forward to chatting to you again soon!

Maz

Welcome from me too :o ......I wonder if you could get away with using 'the forum' as your mentor!

Like Maz has said there is lots of information on this site and loads of really good advice from lots of peeps that have done the degree. I guess you probably need a 'real' person but you may find that someone on here is local to you and will be able to help.

Good luck with it all.........Somerset is a little far for me to be the 'real' person. xD

Hi cambersands and welcome to the forum.

I am in the second year of my foundation degree in early years.

I wouldn't feel confident to comment on anyone else's essays but I'm more than happy to answer any questions I can.

Because I'm a childminder I haven't found a colleague to be my mentor either. In the end I agreed with the college that one of the tutors would do it officially. However I have agreed informally with her that the Foundation Stage Forum would be a better mentor and a very good job it has done too!

The study centre staff in college have proof read for me and again done a very good job.

So don't panic too much about finding one person to do it all. There are lots of people on the forum who step up to the mark when you need them.

Good luck with sorting this out.

Hi cambersands and welcome to the forum from me too! :o

I'm also nearing the end of the FD with the Open University. I'd go along with the advice given previously too. There is probably a need for a real person but I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Good luck with your search and hopefully a more experienced person will come forward to mentor you. xD

hi

I agree with other posts too!

However, when i did my foundation degree in 2005 I was unable to find a mentor and managed in the end to get through on my own.Of course its always useful to be able to discuss an assignment with someone else and to check that you are on the right track.I think you will find the forum very helpful there are lots of knowledgeable folk on here who are very helpful!!.If I can help at all please feel free to ask, im sure you will be fine.

:o hi thamk u to every one that has replyed it is a great help just to read your messages thanks for the support i will take you all up on your kind offers of help i am in my first year have just finished a inclusion and sen 2500 essay there is a 4 week turnaround with them my next one is all about the role of a early years advisory teacher (area senco) what their role is etc have to do a speech on it not too good at those this is my 3rd assigment still all new to me

thanks again

hi cambersands, I too am in the first year of my Foundation Degree and I was looking for help on the forum a couple of days ago. I received the help I needed (and more) and sent my assignment last night (now I just have to clean the house and catch up with Pre-School work!). Good luck with your degree, keep us posted, mrsW.x

hi cambersands, I too am in the first year of my Foundation Degree and I was looking for help on the forum a couple of days ago. I received the help I needed (and more) and sent my assignment last night (now I just have to clean the house and catch up with Pre-School work!). Good luck with your degree, keep us posted, mrsW.x

hi have u just recently started ? i am finding it quite hard trying to juggle work college kids time to do essays etc am enjoying course i am not a writing person thou prefer doing things so finding writing to the standard they need to pass me hard. :oxD

hi have u just recently started ? i am finding it quite hard trying to juggle work college kids time to do essays etc am enjoying course i am not a writing person thou prefer doing things so finding writing to the standard they need to pass me hard. :oxD

Hi cambersands,

yes I started in October 09 and I know what you mean about finding it hard to juggle everything. Writing to the correct standard is also hard ( I passed my first assignment, but only just). I am hoping to get a slightly higher mark for each assignment I write, well I can keep my fingers crossed. Good luck with your third assignment, keep us posted.

mrsW.x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Im new at this, I'm a childminder and I am in my first year doing Early Years Foundation degree. I have no mentor either at the moment I'm just plodding along by myself :o Can anyone shed any light on what underpins the EYFS and any theorists that my link in with A UNIQUE CHILD-KEEPING SAFE?

hi nice to hear from u how u finding the course ? IF I find anything on your topic i will let u no i am doing multi agyencey at the mo got 2 do a presention this wednesday.

Hi to all doing Foundation Degree - especially to the Childminders. I was a childminder did my Foundation Degree and BA - if I can help anyone in the mentoring role just let me know - don't leave it till last minute though because I am up to my ears with studying again DTTLS and A1 award at the same time and doing two jobs!

:o There are benefits to being a childminder doing the foundation degree, although some assignments I had to think through what these were - but as an autonomous practitoner you have more control on your setting - areas where other fellow students struggles eg. teaching assistants who have no control over change for instance.

GOOD LUCKx

Can anyone advise how I write an analytical report (1500).what do i include? what do i do? Any help is accepted here as I am struggling and have no clue what to do. I am in my first year of the FDEYS

Study_Skills_Help.docx

Can anyone advise how I write an analytical report (1500).what do i include? what do i do? Any help is accepted here as I am struggling and have no clue what to do. I am in my first year of the FDEYS

I have attached a study skills handbook our uni sent to us hope it helps a bit. :o

• 3 weeks later...

hi am finding this site a great help have just passed my sen essay awaiting multi agencies one back finding course interesting but takes alot of time researching what u need to write thanks everyone 4 your support :oxD

• 6 months later...
Hi to all doing Foundation Degree - especially to the Childminders. I was a childminder did my Foundation Degree and BA - if I can help anyone in the mentoring role just let me know - don't leave it till last minute though because I am up to my ears with studying again DTTLS and A1 award at the same time and doing two jobs!

:( There are benefits to being a childminder doing the foundation degree, although some assignments I had to think through what these were - but as an autonomous practitoner you have more control on your setting - areas where other fellow students struggles eg. teaching assistants who have no control over change for instance.

GOOD LUCKx

hi thanks to every one that has posted i have passes the first year :o and will be starting year two next week i have found this site a great help over the last year xD and am sure i will over the next one good luck to every one who are just starting and well done to every one who has just passed :(

Well done cambersands - didn't that year go by quickly!?

yes it went very quick didnt feel like it when doing the essays thou. It takes over your life, but worth it so pleased i done it :oxD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)