Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Zip Files

sam2368

I've some work policies and other things. It's reacting the same way to all of my zip files, says they are too big. They used to work fine until just before christmas and I just ignored it whilst I was finishing my dissertation, for fear the whole computer was going to go kaput..

I just wonder whether i need to get someone to have a good look at my pc and see if it's something more serous.

It's a shame we couldn't solve it! Is there any way you could try emailing me one and I'll see if I can unzip it and send it back? What programme did you use to zip it?

Before Christmas my poor over-stuffed pc developed a shocking virus, so I took it to my local friendly pc clinic. Thankfully the clever chap sorted it for me but he did recommend that pc's, laptops etc had an annual service/health check type thingy as all kinds of rubbish sneaks in through the internet etc.

Maybe ask around (always good to get a personal recommendation) to see if you've got a friendly pc guy/girl locally. Mine was very reasonable and I will certainly be going back next December.

Incidentally, the upshot of the trojan horse nasty that I had, was that someone managed to steal my credit card details shortly afterwards :o thus proving you can never be to careful. Fortunately Halifax Card Services came up trumps and spotted something was going on so all was ok - my personal recommendation there!

Edited by Guest

Incidentally, the upshot of the trojan horse nasty that I had, was that someone managed to steal my credit card details shortly afterwards thus proving you can never be to careful. Fortunately Halifax Card Services came up trumps and spotted something was going on so all was ok - my personal recommendation there!

OMG!!! You have me really worried now!

Cait, I'll pm you with the most recent attachment I've been trying to unzip with winrar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)