Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E243/e230

rosepetal

Gosh I almost feel a pang of envy at the thought of starting these two courses :o

I did them both a few years ago when they were first presented and LOVED them both.

Definitely the top of my OU favourite course list and difficult to chose between them.

Great courses but very different content and style

hope you enjoy them as much as I did

Hi Rosepetal

Starting both E243 and E230 in Feb - like you I have completed E123 and E124, and E115 - just received my boxes of new course materials and feeling very worried looking through the TMA's etc.....hoping Geraldine can give us some moral support (please...?) Will be on here a lot I think during the next few months.

hoping Geraldine can give us some moral support (please...?)

Of course :o feel free to ask away anytime xD

At this very early stage I think I would just start with 'a clear head', no expectations of what the course might/might not be like, just go with the flow kind of thinking!

Both these courses are different in style from E123/124/115 and then again E243 and E230 are different.

One word of warning when you do the 'assessment' tasks for English, Maths and Science to see you current level - DON't PANIC!!! I was horrified at my 'scoring' in the Science one and was even thinking the course wasn't for me but actually it IS OK and it all worked out just fine. I think I have said I LOVED both courses and I stand by that but as with any new course it takes a little time to adjust to the style/content/requirements of each,

Have fun and ENJOY the study - there are quite a few 'OU ers' who have done one or both of these courses so you have a wealth of support here and of course on the OU forums -

If I remember correctly there is no discussion forum for E243 and way back in 2004 I (with some other students) requested an OUSA forum and the request was accepted - that forum is run by student moderators and it is still an active forum now - each cohort of students have carried it on.

I guess you know how to find OUSA forums but if not shout :(

Hi

Just wanted to say I have just completed both of these in August so i'm happy to help if I can.

I have to agree with Geraldine and say don't panic re the subject audits they are awful but both courses are great. I loved especially E243.

Good luck with your studies

Vicky

Hi

I am currently studying E215....mmm not as bad 115 but still tough going.

I complete E230 last October and loved it...am starting E243 this Feb and have heard it is good. It is my last course for EYFD (yeay).

Jo

Hi Rosepetal. I did E243 in Feb - Oct 09.......passed thank goodness. Am currently doing E215 and due to start E230 next month.

Nice to hear from you again! Hope things are good for you. :o

Hello Dublinbay,

Lovely for remembering me. I have not been on here for a long time, just been so busy and changed jobs 7 months ago from a managers post in a private day nursery to a senior practitioner in a childrens centre and am loving it. Well done for completing E243, I am assuming you did E243 at the same time as E115. I had thought about doing that but with changing jobs I had to do lost of training with the children centres and had to get my head around the full core offer so felt I had better concentrate on that. I have also been on a baby massage instructors course which I had to do 7 assignments for, just got two more assignments to do for that, then I can concentrate on the two packs I have received from the OU. At least you will finish your degree before me. I will start E215 in October. How are you finding E215?

Rosepetal xD

Thank you for all the great replies. Looks like we will have lots of support for these two courses.

Geraldine I was wondering where abouts is the assessment for maths, english and science? in the E230 course. I have only skimmed through the packs delivered to me as I am still doing assignments for the baby masssage instructors course I have recently been on. Are the assessments done online or are they part of our home studies via the home based activities? I am panicking abit about the maths and science assessment apart form H2o and bursen burners I have no memory from my school science lesson classes which were in the days of O'levels lol. :o

Rosepetal xD

Geraldine I was wondering where abouts is the assessment for maths, english and science? in the E230 course. I have only skimmed through the packs delivered to me as I am still doing assignments for the baby masssage instructors course I have recently been on. Are the assessments done online or are they part of our home studies via the home based activities? I am panicking abit about the maths and science assessment apart form H2o and bursen burners I have no memory from my school science lesson classes which were in the days of O'levels lol. :o

Rosepetal xD

They are called 'audits' and are in the back of each of the subject books. I think in the course materials it directs you to 'do the science/maths/english audits' I think each one was a 'course activity'

I honestly wouldn't worry about them but they are definitely worth doing and doing 'honestly'! My science one was atrocious but actually I discovered quite a bit about what 'science' actually is and found the amount of science I provided for children in preschool was far more than I would have ever thought - I kind of discovered a whole new definition of science (and not a bunsen burner in sight!!)

Hello Dublinbay,

Lovely for remembering me. I have not been on here for a long time, just been so busy and changed jobs 7 months ago from a managers post in a private day nursery to a senior practitioner in a childrens centre and am loving it. Well done for completing E243, I am assuming you did E243 at the same time as E115. I had thought about doing that but with changing jobs I had to do lost of training with the children centres and had to get my head around the full core offer so felt I had better concentrate on that. I have also been on a baby massage instructors course which I had to do 7 assignments for, just got two more assignments to do for that, then I can concentrate on the two packs I have received from the OU. At least you will finish your degree before me. I will start E215 in October. How are you finding E215?

Rosepetal :(

Hi Rosepetal.

You have been a busy bee haven't you! The baby massage instructors course sounds very interesting. I am keeping a list of courses in the back of my mind for when I finish my FD later this year.....who knows, I may even get around to doing some of them. Good luck for the remainder of it. :o

I am finding E215 tough going. The eyclos are fine, a bit of a nuisance but I know what I am doing. Doing the research for the assignments however is a bit more challenging. The reading is very interesting and I find I am learning some really great stuff and I am now beginning to put my learning into practice such as using the Mosaic Approach tools to find out what children think and feel about themselves in my setting.

There is lots of support and encouragement to be had here so don't be a stranger will you. Geraldine is such a font of knowledge and is very generous and supportive with it.

Good luck and will speak soon no doubt. xD

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else is due to start E243 and E230 with the OU in February 2010.

I have completed E123/E124 and E115 with the OU.

Rosepetal

Hi

I also have done E123 E124 and E115 and now starting E243 amd E230 :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)