Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nut Free Information From Supermarkets

Hi. We have a child with a nut allergy and I have always had a Sainsbury Nut Free Guide but it ran out in November 09 and when I contacted them they are not going to print another as the info goes out of date too quickly. Fair enough! But, when you go online to get their nut free lists its not active at the moment. I have found the other major supermarkets utterly rubbish so am thinking I will stick to the basics from Sainsbury that are in the only-just-out-of-date book.

What are others of you with children with nut allergies going to do?

we used the parents...asking what they used and how they worked out what to give, and a food list giving brands of what they gave the child... it was the only way to find out what was suitable...

when you read any label it always says cannot guarantee nut free...

we even found a bag over Christmas of a product which said... did not contain nuts... made in a factory which did not contain nuts... but still had the label cannot guarantee nut free..

Inge

Hmm, very young mum who follows our guidance! She has little or no support from GP, allergy clinic etc but because we have had other children with nut allergies in past we have tried to set up a rigorous system which worked well before the discontinuation of the sainsburys nut free book! Here's hoping their website is up and running before Tuesday!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)