Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Evaluating Planning

I get stuck on this one. Would anyone be so kind as to explain/upload examples of how they evaluate their planning? I'm after examples of the format and what you would write.

Thanks

ppp

We write something on the bottom of the sheet like "this went well, xxxxx and xxxxx were excited about painting a picture - see if they will choose to paint again tomorrow - Miss M to support this if so" or "no, no real interest in this at all" That type of thing. So we're noting down if any particular children are "running with it" and may want to continue or if it was a damp squib and we should probably not bother doing it again!

We do a more general evaluation at our planning meetings, where we'd say something like "The Santa paintings were really popular and we had children painting who don't generally do it, and enjoying it - can we plan some painting into next week's things to keep the impetus going?" and then that's minuted in the meeting notes too.

As long as you can show that you have evaluated it, and that you are planning any next steps some children may want to take from it I think that it should be fine. I don't think there's any set way of doing it - and like planning generally, you do what works best for you, what you can explain to the big O, or, as Sunnyday finds so often, to a SIP.

we make similar notes to previous post, literally write it on the bottom of the planning, sometimes general , sometimes related to specific children and include 'plan xxx in next week' to show we are following on from what we have evaluated.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)