Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Costa Rica

We have decided to take the plunge and book our first proper family holiday abroad (discounting a 4 day Eurostar trip to Paris!). We're going to Costa Rica for Easter and I'm getting excited! :o:D:D It's 13 years since I last went on an aeroplane and the first time for my children.

So far all we've done is booked the flights. We have a general idea of what we want to do (lots of nature watching etc but no extreme sports!). Looking for any advice/recommendations anyone can give...

Well apart from the obvious not forgetting passports {children need their own now) and tickets make sure you have E11 forms filled out from post office, currency/travellers chqs, always a good idea to take a guide book if you havnt been to the county before so that you can plan outings, (any injections????], then the real importants items like bikini and sunnies a jolly good book and a bucket and spade.................................... :oxD:(:(:(

You'll love costa rica, get out of san jose fast and head for the pacific coast! The Nicoya peninsular is a bit remote if travelling by your own steam but quite lovely, The arenal volcano is exciting and most of the national parks are great too: You'll have fun! It's very catholic so there will be loads of semana santa fiestas to enjoy too.

(I'm looking forward to morocco at easter and vietnam in the summer! )

Cx :D

Brilliant, Catma, thanks. We finally booked our first hotel reservation tonight - at the Arenal Lodge Observatory! Yee ha! :D

Enjoy Morocco! (and Vietnam after, of course). :D

Fox