Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Funny And Strange Things Staff Say.................

Heard today in the nursery I manage;

CONVERSATION 1

staff 1; have you done any training recently

staff 2; no

staff 1; havent you recently finished you level 2

staff 2; yeah but that was college not training

CONVERSATION 2

Isnt a goat dairy? It lives on a farm

Do you think the Christmas festivities are addling their brains??

Help; I'm a Nursery Manager....GET ME OUT OF HERE!!!!

This reminds me of the time we found a tiny shrew in the baby room in the summer - questions included:

'Aren't they poisonous?'

'I thought a shrew was a bird'

'What are you going to do about it - call the RSPCA?'

lol :o

I once had 3 A level students at playgroup. One day one of them came running into the room from the kitchen 'the taps broken, it wont switch off'. I followed her to where the 2 other students were staring at the MIXER tap. I turned both taps and, what do you know? The water turned off.

I dispair at times :o

My favourite was when I found my student looking at the playdough in the bowl.

She asked "How she gets it out on to the table?"

I had to just smile and then breathe deeply as I explained you used your hands........................ she was shocked.. But on the upside she didn't stay in childcare...

Once I had a child who had a really high tempreture and really needed calpol as parents were some way away. As you need prior written permission to administer I rang her Mum to fax me permission so I could administer it in the mean time. A member of staff said I didn't think you could give it without permission, I said that I had asked Mum to fax it, a student in the room said wow thats amazing I didn't know you could fax calpol!!!!!!! :o:(xD

p.s this was some time ago before the medicine procedures were so strict and we used to keep nursery calpol, how things change :(

Today we had 3 morning children who forgot the Christmas cards they had made for their families (photo's of them taken at our Christmas craft morning with a frame they decorated themselves). I was hoping to take them to siblings in school. 2 were no problem the 3rd I held up to a TA and asked "What's Keira's surname? " she studied then "is it Knightley?" was her answer :o Well she knew Keira Knightley sounded familiar but she's a tad old for nursery!