Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Books For Settings

hi all.

i have some money to spend on my nursery provisions and would like to get each one an EYFS and an Under 3s book. i want them to be user friendly like 'a nurturing enviroment for under 3s' (they all have this one anyway) - any ideas????? :o

Have you seen the Communication Friendly Spaces books "A Place to Talk at..."? There's one for pre-schools, one for packaways (!) and I think one for day nurseries. Very clear and simple explanation of what a communication friendly space is and how to make them (or enable the children to make them) in a variety of settings, taking into account the challenges and advantages of each.

Here's the link - I just saw that they also have a version for childminders and children's centres, too!

Or, how about Sally Featherstone's books?

Again! Again! is fab about schemas

Like Bees, not Butterflies is also fab about child initiated learning

Will have a think about under 3s... and am looking forward to reading other people's suggestions.

Lucky groups! Can't I move into your LA temporarily? :o

Maz

How about this book by Cathy Nutbrown and Jools Page? Working with babies and young children: birth to three - published in 2008.

The link is to the 'look inside' page and it seems to be a mix of theory (what do we know about babies under three?) and what good practice looks like (what can I do?).

Might be worth a look!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)