Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Appraisal

I've just attended a course on appraisals. My setting does not have this practice in place, however I can see the benefits. Does anyone have a form they have or give me advice with the implementation on this?

Many thanks

Angie

Hi angie, there is a staff development form on here somewhere, i think it's under the policies section, but I have no idea how to get there. You could have a look at the one I made from looking at it though

Hi Rea, I can' open it. I'll have a look through the site see if I can find it. Thank you though

Thanks for the reply Carol. Do you only discuss staff training needs at the appraisals.

Angie

Carol,

How do you stop them from becoming a just a chit chat or a moan! I do the majority of ours and they frequently turn into a moan about someone.

Gizzy

Poor you Gizzy.glad those days are over!! It should be the time to discuss strengths and weaknesses and to plan the year ahead,ie training courses.

Good Luck !!

Maybe you should try misprinting your forms and title them apPRAISEal Forms. :D

Include a copy of your grievance procedure clearly stating not to be confused with appraisals.

During the appraisal as the appraiser, if a grievance is aired cover your ears, go La, La, la, and sing I'm not listening :D:D:D

Peggy

Sorry, not undermining your query, it's late, I'm wide awake, and sober :o

Dear Angie,

Check out the ACAS website they have fantastic advice on all the types of appraisals that can be given, how to introduce them and why, what are the benefits and disadvantges of certain types of appraisals i.e. competency based vs performance based vs performance related. They also have pro-formas which can be adapted to your setting/circumstances. Make sure you have plenty of paper though it can run into reams but definitely worth a read as it is easily understood. They also talk about the importance of involving the staff at the set up stage as well.

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)