Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Interview Wed

Hi everyone, I'm new on here! I have on interview on Wednesday for a Foundation position and have to plan and set up an outdoor activity for 5 children to promote child initiated learning and then teach an adult-led phonics lesson for 5 children introducing the letter L. I'm really struggling, any successful lessons or good ideas would be great! Thank You! x wink.gif Thought about incorporating a puppet somehow, sorting L objects for phonics and making mistakes which children have to correct or the Silly Soup activity from Letters and Sounds??? :o Any help would be much appreciated!?

I don't work in reception, but just wanted to say GOOD LUCK. My only advice would be relax, go with the flow, and always expect the unexpected!!

I am sure you will be fine. Don't forget to go with the children's interests if at all possible.

Hi fellow teachers, just to let you all know that I didn't get the job today, the head said I was a really close second and my lesson and interview technique were both excellent so I'm pleased and dissappointed at the same time but thankyou to all who offered advice and ideas! Back to the drawing board!

Bad Luck Lallymac3 but you have learned from the experience and this will stand you in good stead fro your next interview so be pleased with yourself.

Lorna

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)