Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Maths Doc About Pattern In The Early Years/yr1/yr2?

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

Hi

has anyone heard of this one ?

LEA advisor said she had read it this am and would give training in the future....aparantly it tells you how to put maths in all your continous provision areas(tongue in cheek...my)

Tinkerbell

• 5 weeks later...

The above is useful, but there is still a new document coming out on Pattern. It will have a CD with it so you can use activities on interactive whiteboards.

My maths team know not to do anything linked to EYs without consulting me first!!!!!

However there may be a distribution though other EYs divisions in LAs, to cover PVIs.I just haven't seen anything yet.

Cx

Edited by catma

Guest tinkerbell

Thanks Emilia

I have seen that document ...it is the pattern one I am waiting to see...shame its the consultants who have kept it to themselves for a couple of months?

Tinkerbellx

I did some training last year with Linda Pound on putting maths in all areas and she used quite a lot of the Carruthers and Worthington materials that were in Mark Making Matters and Children thinking Mathematically

The maths document you are talking about is called 'Numbers and Patterns'. It is for EYFS and KS1 and could also be used as intervention for KS2 children. It is going to be distributed to LAs at the end of January. We were asked to order two for every school and then one for each EYFS consultant and each Maths consultant. It is not like Letters and Sounds - not as prescriptive! It is an excellent document in terms of subject knowledge and ideas. Many of the examples you will already have in place but certainly good as a reference. It'll be great for people new to EYFS/KS1. The important thing is that it is rooted in practical activities and ensuring areas of provision include plenty of mathematical experiences.

Doesn't include PVI settings though. I can only order for schools/maintained nurseries.

Do you know whether there'll be an option to download it catma?

Maz

This is the document. Hope I've uploaded it correctly - never done it before.

Ah, this is the document that Emilia gave the link for earlier. Its the new document "Numbers and Patterns" I was hoping to download. Thanks anyway, olog.

I guess I'll just have to be patient and see if our LA comes up with the goods!

Maz

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)