Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Risk Assessments

Guest LornaW

Just thought colleagues may be very interested in this website

http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/mar09.htm

lots of sensible advice but I love the myths of the month and I am printing off those that are applicable for me and laminating them to others know some of these stories we hear are in fact myths!

Lorna

Thanks for the link. I'd actually switched on to look for advice re: toilet rolls, but thought I'd check out here first. Found the answer to my query without having to wade through treacle :o A colleague had asked for toilet rolls inners for Christmas decorations and another teacher said 'You can't use them! or egg boxes'. Debate then ensued as to who was right - I'll point everyone to this site.

Cheers,

Harricroft

i printed the egg box/toilet roll advice from the HSE and had it in my risk assessment folder when MRS O turned up. She hadn't heard of the HSE myth of the month, and was very amused. She also then just skimmed my risk assessment stuff, and said that the fact that I regularly check the HSE site, indicated that we were on top of this area.

Edited by eyfs1966

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)