Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observation

Hi All!!

I am covering in a nursery school on monday. I am expected to keep the chn on the carpet for 45 minutes!! yes 45minutes!! so i was wondering if anybody has any ideas on how i cna keep the children focused! i was told to have atleast 3 activities for the carpet!! the children are aged 3-4.!! any ideas welcome!!

Thanks in advance x

I know you are just doing what you are asked to but that really is a ridiculous amount of time for children so long to be on the carpet for. If I had to do it I would do something that involved lots of movement. Sorry I can't give any other ideas but wish you all the luck in the world!

How exactly does 45 mins on the carpet meet the EYFS principles?????!!!!!Its not fun, it's not child initiated, it's not "free flow", it's not going to meet the whole groups developmental needs.....it's just daft!!. However, if you really have to, I think you are going to have to be really creative......songs and stories will not be enough. Can you turn the carpet area into play...eg take a magic carpet ride, or provide the children with resources to play with or craft from, on the carpet? How big is your space, and how many children will there be??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)