Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Statistics

Hi

Does anyone know where i can find out how many people who are brought up on a council estate, result to a life of crime? I have spent ages on the internet trying to find out.... any clues anyone?????? Thanks

Sounds an interesting question! I'm wondering why you want to know...

There's a national crime survey published each year but I think that's more to do with the numbers of crimes committed each year. You've probably tried the Government websites - but what about penal reform charities or organisations?

Failing that, perhaps you could widen your search initially in the hope of finding general research about economic/social background in the hope that some information is thrown up which might point you in the right direction.

Sorry - that's not very helpful is it? I'll keep thinking.

Maz

I was brought up in a very new council estate in the 60's and am still in touch with a lot of the friends I made then. We are all still on the straight and narrow, or so they tell me! Will be interested to see any results you find, good luck, mrsW.x

Thankyou for your replies, i will try the joseph rowntree foundation, i can find lots of articles about it but no statistics..... i will keep trying... thankyou...

Thankyou for your replies, i will try the joseph rowntree foundation, i can find lots of articles about it but no statistics..... i will keep trying... thankyou...

You should find some information on the Office for National Statistics site. They keep an amazing amount of data and have a section on crime. You'll probably have to hunt around a bit.

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/hub/crime-justice/index.html

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)