Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Essay Help

Jo jo

Hi everyone,

Trying to help a friend with the following essay "in an essay of not less than 3000 words apply a non-ethnocentric approach to the anylysis of current discourses on childrens needs in culturally diverse societies. " I am hoping some of you lovely people will be able to help me this or direct me to web sites or articles that can help explain.

Thank you in advance any help gratefully recieved!

:o

Oh dear, Jojo!!

All these views and no comments! I wonder if it's anything to do with the essay title? :o

I have to say that I've yet to see a more long-winded load of .........

"In an essay of not less than.." - what's wrong with "in at least 3000 words.." . I assume by non-ethnocentric they mean objective? and I imagine the rest just wants some discussion of multi-cultural needs and ways to approach them.

What does anyone think - is that a reasonable translation - or am I just beyond help!!

It seems to me that once translated it will be a lot easier to do the essay.

Sue.

I'm with you Sue R, this is a bit difficult to understand hence no replies as yet. :o

Ethnocentric means the belief in the superiority of your own ethnic group. So I suppose this essay requires a discussion about the needs of all children in a multicultural society, and recognising the children's cultural backgrounds, and not assuming they should meet a common cultural norm based on one particular ethnic group.

That's how I read it anyway. It might be an idea Jo jo for your friend have a chat with her tutor just to clarify where to start with this one, just so that she sets off on the right track.

I'm sorry but that is just a ridiculous title which appears designed to confuse the poor student. Personally I would take it back to the lecturer and ask for an explanation in plain English. What on earth do they hope to achieve by making the essay question so difficult to decipher? (I've got an English degree and I don't understand it).

Exactly what I thought what a difficult title to understand..... I will pass on your suggestions to my friend and hope she can get some clarity on what it is she is required to write thank you for your replies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)