Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Planning

hi all

im in a panic and i know i shouldnt be after all its been over a year now since the eyfs was introduced.I have been trying lots of different ways to record planning,next steps etc and still after all this time feel uncomfortable.

has anyone a copy of a planning sheet covering all the areas??? (Weekly) id be so grateful

thank you xx

I don't know that anyone is ever completely happy with their planning. We all have to find a balance between including what is relevant and minimising paperwork and it always feels like we should be doing a bit more or a bit less.

I don't have a weekly planning sheet to share with you because I don't use one I'm afraid. I think that a useful activity is to sit with the formats you've tried and single out those btis of information which are there for a purpose. If it is there because you use it, keep it. If you are recording it for the sake of it, scrap it. That might help you to find a format which works for you.

I keep record of what I have done and I include a bit of evaluation and next steps. That's enough for me.

Remember to keep it to a minimum. You've got better things to do with your time than pointless paperwork!

Edited by Upsy Daisy

So true Upsy Daisy, I have just reviewed what I have been doing and decided it was far too much. I come from a nursery background that had very detailed planning/observations it's hard to change when you are used to doing so much you always worry that you are not doing it right. I have just bought the Penny Tassoni book Practical EYFS handbook after it had been recommended on here. I have found it very interesting.

I have just bought the Penny Tassoni book Practical EYFS handbook after it had been recommended on here. I have found it very interesting.

I've bought it too on the recommendation of a tutor and, although I've only dipped into it briefly, I really llike what I've read. I'm thinking it could be a very good tool to use for writing a SEF.

I've just had a quick look and the guidance on planning seems to be very logical and sensible, Ray1281, so it may be worth you seeing if you can get hold of a copy.

• 1 month later...

thanks guys

It so hard to know how far you go into planning, i used to run a pre-school and obviously did all the planning with the staff now im on my own its hard to justiy how in death you go as a childminder.

Iv decided not to plan i plan individually such as which goals etc you would like each child to achieve or touch on but apart from that i record everything such as observations and next steps in there learning journels and home diaries including pictures and work.

think thats enough or ill be spending more time on that than with the children!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)