Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Help Help Ofsted Tomorrow

Hi alkl you wonderful people out there. I'm being ofsteded tomorrow and thurs. Running out of precious time at the mo and still have a thousand other jobs. Number recognition with reception. Any ideas. Numberfans and t calls out number chn display t....but how boring. i'm tired and streswed and running out of steam. anyone out there please xxxx

a number hunt? hide and reveal gues the number? if you have big numbers, feely bag describe, guess the number? do you have numicon thats always fab and very kinesthetic. ooo if you have smart noteboo look up balloons and they have these balloons that when you press pop, my brain is tired too sorry im not more help x x x

Hi

Ive done this lesson today for OFSTED and got good if it hepls.

Our story is Goldilocks and the three bears.

Starter - quick recall counting up to 20 and back. Quick number recognition on IWB. Then had a tin of porridge and a bowl, spoon and some number cards. Children picked a number and then another child came up and spooned the correct number of spoonfuls of porridge in the bowl. All the other children helped to count the spoonfuls.

Main - Had A5 cards with a pic of the character on saying a number. Children had to recognise the numbers and then count the correct number of Pombear crisps(teddy crisps) onto the card. Differentiated up to 20 for top, 15 for next group, 10 for next and 5 for SEN.

Plenary - matching number cards and cards with spots on - put the children at the front of the class and ask the rest of the class which cards match and why.

Good luck. We've got another day to go tomoz.

Becs x

Ah my gosh ast least your half way through it becs, my giosh the stress is just unbelievable. I'm not functioning, and got so much to do. Keep us posted on ofsted, all the best xxx and thanks to all for all your ideas xx

DON'T PANIC!! iknow it's easy to say but try to be yourself and go with the flow you will be ok. :1bxx what ever hasn't been done don't loose sleep over tonight x my thoughts are with you tomorrow.

Hi,

Just to say hope you both get some sleep tonight as that is so important, without sleep even everyday things become a bigger challenge.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow and Thursday and do let us know how it all goes.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

outside- number hunt

Have large numbers pegged on washing line or large numbered pots/buckets~

Children find numbers hidden and either peg onto correct number cards on the line or add to the correct pot/bucket.

*plastic number moulds hidden in sandpit

*sponge numbers in water tray

*cars with number written on with whiteboard pen

*numbered ducks in water tray

* number cards in digging area

Chalk numbers on ground, shout a number- children jump on it.

Give out post it notes. Place laminated number cards around room/play area for children to put their post it on (if they have the same number)

I'm sure whatever you do it'll be great- good luck and get some rest :o

Hi alkl you wonderful people out there. I'm being ofsteded tomorrow and thurs. Running out of precious time at the mo and still have a thousand other jobs. Number recognition with reception. Any ideas. Numberfans and t calls out number chn display t....but how boring. i'm tired and streswed and running out of steam. anyone out there please xxxx

Hope all goes well for you . We're due any time now and It's a horrible thought. Sleep well.

Yeah thanks to you all for your support last nite. ah my gosh eventually got to bed 03:30 early hours of the morning. I was just faffing with a load of stuff, perfecting the e-profiles and everuthing else that comes with Early Years. Anyway....We have come out at a good on Foundation which im over the moon with. Three years previouslyit was just satisfactory (i wasnt around then) I'm just aboutto complete my NQT yr, so pleased as pincvh. one more ay tomorrow. Bally stressful isnt it!!!!!

Anyway, got a final bit of work to do but just wanted to let you all know. Congrats becs08, you can breathe a sigh ofrelief now

Misspink xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)