Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photos At Christmas Play

Hi,

I think I might be going over old ground here but.....

If all the parents agree amongst themselves that they would like to take photos and video at the play but agree these are only for their own use and not to be put on the internet etc.... do we need to ask them all to sign something, also all the grandparents etc. that come along?

Basically all you need to do is make it clear at the beginning that any photographs and videos are for personal use and must not be published you don't need written consent

'Photographs taken for the family photo album are exempt from the Act and citing the Data Protection Act to stop people taking photos or filming their children at school is wrong.'

The guidance, sent to education authorities across the country, says: 'Fear of breaching the provisions of the Act should not be wrongly used to stop people taking photographs or videos which provide many with much pleasure.

'Where the Act does apply, a common sense approach suggests that if the photographer asks for permission to take a photograph, this will usually be enough to ensure compliance.'

Specific examples of what is allowed includes a parent taking 'a photograph of their child and some friends taking part in the school sports day to be put in the family photo album'.

The video recording of school nativity plays is also listed as being acceptable.

LINK

let them take their photos........................everything is getting far too pc these days.Our village school has told parents that those children chosen to be angels in the nativity play must NOT have wings, 'for health and safety'!! I ask you! Have they EVER had an injury, caused by angels wings??No, not one, not even close, but, good old H&S rears its ugly head once again! Please raise a glass to the death of common sense!

You don't really need them all for them to agree amongst themselves either to be honest, although goodness knows what you would do if someone complained about it! All you need is to give a verbal reminder at the start of the play that photos must not be put in the public domain (e.g. facebook) and after that it's in the hands of the parents.

let them take their photos........................everything is getting far too pc these days.Our village school has told parents that those children chosen to be angels in the nativity play must NOT have wings, 'for health and safety'!! I ask you! Have they EVER had an injury, caused by angels wings??No, not one, not even close, but, good old H&S rears its ugly head once again! Please raise a glass to the death of common sense!

But Narnia they might use them to fly with. Can't you imagine the chaos which would ensue were a half dozen little angels suddenly begin to levitate and go off to explore the ceiling?

Sorry - I just thought I'd join in with the farce! :o

Don't tell me, let me guess;

Someone could be blinded by them reflecting the lights?

Possibility of traumatic hair tangling?

Could they be used as lethal weapons?

Is there some little known religious sect to whom tinsel is sacred?

No, you'll have to tell me. I'm intrigued!

To be honest Upsy Daisy I've no idea why, neither had the parent who told me, so I suspect no reason was given, the only one we could possibly come up with ourselves was that a child had previously tried to eat it and choked, or as they were performing in the church the clergy thought they could be a fire risk if they had candles alight.

Edited by Panders

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)