Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ouch!

Anyone has laryngitus before??? Help!

My voice started to go last Tues and then woke up as a mute on Wednesday! Doctor has told me to rest my voice for a week which I have done - much to my husband's amusement and joy!!! Only prob is I tried speaking today and voice is much better but still croaky and my vocal chords are so sore... Any suggestions apart from - ginger tea, lemon tea, hot honey and lemon, hot blackcurrant, manuka honey, echinacea throat spray or the blimmin awful salt gargle! have tried it 3 times and lets just say I've not kepy any of the previous things down after that!

I have a course on Wed which I can probably get away with not talking at but must get back to school Thurs!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated! love from The Mute! :o

I do sympathise... I had it a while ago ,mine lasted fro 3 weeks.. and even then took a while fro me to get my voice back.

Have you tried soluble aspirin gargle... or any soluble pain killer will work... I used to gargle then swallow it and found it really helped.

Sorry no other suggestions other than resting the voice which was what I was told to do... not easy but at least I could work, just had others do all the talking.. children found it amusing and learnt a lot of sign language along the way!

Inge

Thankyou! I'll try the asprin gargle definately. It has been good so far as I have caught up on lots of paperwork but I'm missing school and the cover teacher is not doing what I have asked - obviously makes it harder for the kids and for us when we get back! Fingers crossed my voice will be back and HT will be happy for me to do minimal talking!!!

Thanks all for your help and advice - it's lovely to feel like i'm having a proper conversation at last! I will be careful about going back as the doc has warned me about being careful, ho hum... off to find the whisky - maybe you should too hali!? !!! thanks everyone, feeling bit happier at least now XXX