Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Vegans

We've got a child with us who is vegan. Do any of you know some simple recipies which dont contain egg? Mom can provide his milk. We wanted to do some cooking next week but the recipies I've got are no good now. :o

:(:( Funnily enough I have 3 children that have egg allergies and so I do have some dough recipes typed out and stored somewhere on my laptop. :oxD I will go through my files now and post them to you.

Here are the first couple (taken from Little Book of Dough)

Our children make light catchers with the ginger dough (flower cookie cutters, small circular cutter) Cut a biscuit, plus a smaller hole in the middle and add a boiled sweet. Cook until sweet melts. Let it cool and hang on a spring tree!!

We also make little thumbprit cookies with the shortbread dough. The children love making prints and examining them closely.

Our chef at work is great, he makes egg free pizza bases for us to make pizza. Will get the recipe from him on Monday if you want.

Hope these help for now, I have more "cookery" ideas stored on planning discs, if anyone wants some - tomato boats with a cheese slice sail and so on!!!

I can post them as and when I find them!!

Shortbread_Dough.doc

don't forget it's not just eggs and milk- other things to consider are: cheese is dairy produce, sweets with gelatine/animal products would be non vegan so is chocolate unless vegan, jelly (gelatine again), honey (it's an animal product), cakes that children bring in for birthdays will have egg/milk etc in would all be non vegan, and the child may not be comfortable using e.g.leather scraps in your collage materials as this would be an animal by-product too. veganism isn't just about food as my vegan friends constantly tell me!! They don't wear silk, wool or leather products. Apparently super drug is great for vegan toiletries as theyare reliably animal product free and don't test on animals either. Thinking about that you might want to check your toilet soaps are animal product free I suppose!

Cx

Sorry!!

Among my closest friends I have 2 vegans, 1 no dairy, 1 no gluten OR dairy, several full vegetarians,1 no sugery things because of osteo arthritis and it inflames the joints, 1 will eat meat but NO fish (unless I disguise it!!) and one who is very serious about the concept of a totally raw food at all times and I eat fish but not meats because I don't like them. Try having a dinner party with that lot!!!! A nightmare. I can only manage a few at a time and have to do a food combining exercise when planning who to invite with who!! :oxD

Cx

Some vegans, and some vegetarians, will insist that cutlery and crockery are washed and kept separate from any which are used for meat and meat products.

Linda

Well it's ok cos mom said our butter (shops own marg) is fine. His own milk, and biscuits if we have them and no meat, eggs or fish.

Just have to check everytime we change something. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)